|Title:||Basic Research Expert|
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
CLEARANCE: Top Secret/SCI with CI Polygraph
LOCATION: McLean, VA.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 10
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Doctorate Degree in Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Provide substantive technical leadership for horizon scanning, in-depth studies, road-mapping efforts, risk/benefit analysis, and other related research and development activities
- Write technical assessments that inform science and technology decision makes and help guide development of the investment policy.
- Doctorate degree in science, engineering or mathematics
- Ten or more years of basic and/or applied research program management experience
- Senior level experience leading basic research investments at a national level (eg. National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, Air Force Office of Scientific Research, Office of Naval Research, Army Research Office).
- Expert knowledge of systems planning, research, development, and engineering with the ability to create investment roadmaps that resolve high-level mission requirements into specific executable tasks.
- Demonstrated successful past interactions with elite technical advisory groups (e.g. National Academies, JASONs, Defense Science Board)
- Demonstrated flexibility to accept abrupt changes in mission and/or tasks.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, leading, and executing basic research challenges via issuance of competitive solicitation procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of the IC's structure and IC member organizations' roles and capabilities regarding analysis, collection, and core enabling functions (info sharing, technology, etc)
- Demonstrated experience working with the IC R&D community
- Demonstrated knowledge of space defense and protection issues facing the nation.
Bluemont Technology and Research Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
Bluemont Technology & Research, Inc. offers a premium benefits package. Our culture is based on treating people like you would treat yourself. The company is focused on research, challenging applications of cutting edge technologies, and data intensive applications. Bluemont is a CMMI DMM (Data Management Model) appraiser.