Staff Systems Programmer
|Title:||Staff Systems Programmer|
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
CLEARANCE: Top Secret with polygraph
LOCATION: Reston, Virginia
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 10+ years of experience in a technical field.
EDUCATION: BS in technical area or equivalent experience. Graduate degree preferred.
1. At least five years of experience with Ruby on Rails
3. At least five years of experience with graphic user interface design, configuration, development, and deployment
4. At least seven years of experience programming in Linux/Unix and Windows environments
5. At least three years of experience programming in SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, Hbase, etc.)
1. Demonstrated experience with User Interface Design or Visualization Certification
2. Demonstrated experience communicating and influencing others effectively (both technical and non-technical audiences)
3. Demonstrated experience transforming large amounts of data to facilitate analysis and decision-making
4. Demonstrated experience moving between high-level macro design and detailed design
5. Demonstrated experience with visual and product design fundamentals
6. Demonstrated experience showcasing innovative graphic, web, and/or application design work
7. Demonstrated experience contributing to and understanding every layer of the application stack (database, interface code, visualization)
8. Demonstrated experience with Python, PHP, Java, C++, C#, Ruby on Rails
9. Demonstrated leadership and success in achieving project results
10. Demonstrated customer focus and problem solving skills
11. Demonstrated experience with structured and non-structured database tools: Hadoop (HDFS, hBase, Cassandra), NoSQL (MongoDB, CouchDB), SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL), etc.
13. Demonstrated experience with web server applications (Apache, Tomcat, Lighttpd, Nginx)
14. Demonstrated experience with software version control (Git, Redmine, Mediawiki)
15. Demonstrated experience with computer science or quantitative discipline
16. Demonstrated experience with data mining techniques and practices (filtering, classification) and analytics functions (over, median, rank, deviation, confidence limit, and significance)
17. Demonstrated experience with machine learning frameworks like Mahout and data mining algorithms like Bayesian and Clustering
18. Demonstrated experience with the concepts and application of natural language technologies, both COTS and open source.
19. Demonstrated experience with full text search (Lucene, Solr, Elastic Search) including the processing of languages with non-Latin character sets (Chinese, Japanese, Korean).
20. Demonstrated experience with SaaS/high-volume, large data environments.
21. Demonstrated experience with .NET Framework 3.0/3.5/4.0.
22. Demonstrated experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 – database design and optimization.
23. Demonstrated experience with ASP.Net MVC 2.0/3.0 or ASP.Net Web forms.
24. Demonstrated ability to read, speak, and write in languages other than English (Russian, Spanish, German, French, Chinese, Arabic, etc.)
25. Demonstrated experience with Machine Language Translation (MLT) tools (Cybertrans, Systrans, Language Weaver, Google Translate) and/or large scale translation projects.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications