|Title:||Fiber Optics Telecommunications Scientist|
Fiber Optics Telecommunications Scientist
This position supports a proposal effort in the Intelligence Research Community which will provide Scientific Research, Communications, Advanced Computing Systems and Engineering. This is a Full-time employee status opportunity and all placements will be contingent upon contract award.
If you are ready for your next career move this could be your opportunity to make a difference!
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: TS/SCI (Applicants must currently hold this level of clearance)
- Ph.D. in Engineering or Physics
- Two years of experience in scientific research
Design of experiments, research documentation, and high bit rate optical systems testing.
- Must have specific experience in design, assembly and testing of custom optical transmitters and receivers at 1 OGbps or higher, characterization of optical components including photodetectors, lasers, SOAs, and EDFAs, bit error rate testing, use of optical and electronic test equipment including optical spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, and high-speed oscilloscopes.
- Scientist must also have experience in automating test equipment using MATLAB, LABVIEW or similar software.
- The Scientist must also have experience in programming and using FPGAs or microcontrollers to control instrumentation.
- Scientist shall be formally trained, be capable of, and have a proven track record of performing and documenting statistically designed experiments.
Bluemont Technology and Research Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
Bluemont Technology & Research, Inc. offers a premium benefits package. Our culture is based on treating people like you would treat yourself. The company is focused on research, challenging applications of cutting edge technologies, and data intensive applications. Bluemont is a CMMI DMM (Data Management Model) appraiser.