|Title:||Research Technology Protection (RTP) Editor/Analyst/Technical Writer|
|Location:||Langley Park, Maryland|
Research Technology Protection (RTP) Editor/Analyst/Technical Writer
Clearance: TS SCI CI Poly (must currently hold this level of clearance)
Education: Masters Degree
The scope of the position includes the review, editing and documentation of Federal Research efforts in the following areas: Intelligence Analysis, Policy Analysis, Joint Intelligence Operations, Counterintelligence (CI) and Research and Technology Protection (RTP). In a team environment you will be synthesizing complex scientific and technical issues and subjects and translating them into understandable and effective written materials to be shared with the Intelligence Community. Your role will be to create a completed product which enhances awareness of Laboratory and Technical Team’s research activities to facilitate the transition of research results to the IC customers for operational application. The research efforts supported by this team cross a wide area of subject matter areas to include: Quantum Computing, Cyber Security, Machine Learning, Bioinformatics, Acoustics and Natural Language Processing to name a few.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a qualified individual to work with subject matter experts in the areas outlined above as well as other subject matter research categories. Pending customer selection, approval and security clearance cross over this will be an immediate placement.
The role of the RTP Team is as follows:
- Reviews research documentation and edits to ensure clarity, consistency and effectiveness of written communication.
- Edits Research Reports for style, format, and grammar
- Edits complex research reports for data accuracy.
- Detail-orientation with excellent editing, proofreading, formatting, and research skills.
- Ability to work with Research Leads to combine technical/research expertise with effective written documentation of research programs.
- Ability to work cohesively as well as independently on a small team which collaborates to prepare a final product which represents the scope of the research project subject matter.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, work-flow and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to represent the research program results in a positive, proactive manner
- Ability to manage competing priorities, which adhere to strict deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills including ability to clearly convey complex information and ideas.
- Very strong hands on experience with Microsoft Office tools and ability to prepare and edit final research documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to document and present data analysis.
- Ability to translate complex, technical findings into an easily understood narrative (i.e., tell a story with the data) in graphical, verbal, or written form.
- Intelligence Community Experience; specifically, CI experience is helpful and/or prior experience with documentation of Research Technology Program results.
- 10 or more years of experience
Bluemont Technology and Research Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
Bluemont Technology & Research, Inc. offers a premium benefits package. Our culture is based on treating people like you would treat yourself. The company is focused on research, challenging applications of cutting edge technologies, and data intensive applications. Bluemont is a CMMI DMM (Data Management Model) appraiser.