|Title:||Information Analyst - Level 1 - FOIA Branch|
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
CLEARANCE: Top Secret/SCI with CI Polygraph
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 1/3 years of experience in a technical field.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years’ experience.
- Respond to public and official requests for review and release of classified and/or sensitive ODNI information under the FOIA, PA, or Mandatory Declassification Review.
- Assist the Office of the General Counsel, the Office of the Inspector General of the IIC, and other relevant organizations to ensure ODNI compliance with all aspects of the FOIA, and PA.
- Ensures ODNI information cleared for appropriate release is available for public inspection and/or copying/downloading.
- Enable enforcement of the right of any person to access records, subject to statutory exemptions, for any public or private purpose.
- Ensures individuals have the ability to amend records of personal identifiable information about themselves.
- Prohibits access to information about an individual without that individual’s knowledge and consent.
- Conducts mandatory declassification reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social, physical, natural or, business or computer sciences; humanities engineering; mathematics, informatics, records management, or other IM related field. The government will waive the Bachelor’s degree requirement if the candidate has 3 years or more of experience in IM involving the collection and management of information from one or more sources and the distribution of that information to one or more audiences.
- Basic knowledge of the governing principles, laws, policies, procedures, protocols, regulations and statutes of IM, and overall familiarity with IM directives, regulations, guidance, processes and practices of the federal government.
- Familiarity with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA); the Privacy Act (PA); the Open Government Act of 2007; E.O. 13526; and ICD 710 and associated IC classification and FOIA/PA/MDR management policies.
- Understanding of the FOIA/PA/MDR request process and the application of appropriate exemptions/redaction to protect sensitive and/or classified intelligence information.
- Familiarity with RD, FRD, and FGI information and the handling requirements.
Bluemont Technology and Research Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
Bluemont Technology & Research, Inc. offers a premium benefits package. Our culture is based on treating people like you would treat yourself. The company is focused on research, challenging applications of cutting edge technologies, and data intensive applications. Bluemont is a CMMI DMM (Data Management Model) appraiser.