Fiber Optics Telecommunications Scientist Pipeline
|Title:||Fiber Optics Telecommunications Scientist Pipeline|
- Ph.D. in Engineering or Physics
- Two years of experience in scientific research
Design of experiments, research documentation, and high bit rate optical systems testing.
- Must have specific experience in design, assembly and testing of custom optical transmitters and receivers at 1 OGbps or higher, characterization of optical components including photodetectors, lasers, SOAs, and EDFAs, bit error rate testing, use of optical and electronic test equipment including optical spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, and high-speed oscilloscopes.
- Scientist must also have experience in automating test equipment using MATLAB, LABVIEW or similar software.
- The Scientist must also have experience in programming and using FPGAs or microcontrollers to control instrumentation.
- Scientist shall be formally trained, be capable of, and have a proven track record of performing and documenting statistically designed experiments.